CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Spouts of Depression

In the past I have dealt with the symptoms of depression, and have come from rock bottom to whom I have become today. However with this medication the Dr. has me on a feel like I am constantly battling the depression, fighting to be Allie. I am trying hard to avoid situations that cause me to have an emotional drop, but what was I to do when singing "The Family is of God" with my primary children made me want to cry uncontrollably. Then there are the times when the mere mention of pregnancy made me want to be invisible, to avoid the inevitable question from those who did not know better. To be honest, it grew more difficult each day to deal with life and not having Nate here did not help. Hoping that I would not bottom out, frankly because I do not have the time to be there, I remembered the words of a friend.
Sister Merrick had told me many months ago (when I was in a similar situation) that Brother Merrick gives wonderful blessings. That thought has been in my head ever since, and hope grateful I was this week to receive a blessing from Brother Merrick, that picked my spirit up and reminded me of why I am doing this. He told me that I would be blessed to bear children and be a mother. For once the blessing did not use the word patience, but that is probably because I have accepting that things will happen on Heavenly Father's time, not mine. This was all I needed to help me press forward, and to remind me that there is nothing to worry about. The blessing even told me that I need to relax, and I know that. The bottom line is I know how blessed I am to have the blessings of the church in my life, and to know Heavenly Father has a plan for me.

0 comments: