CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fertility or lack there of!

Alright, so today I went to see a new fertility Doctor. I am saying this knowing that there are those out there that do not care to read this... so if you are in that category cease reading at this time!
This is what he said: He believes that I have some degree of PCOS (Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome.) He is going to run a few tests to ensure that there are not any other problems. The tests are: an endometrial biopsy, a hysteroscopy, and a funky ultrasound that I don't know the name of. After that I will be taking clomid again, along with the dreaded metformin. The metformin previously made me very sickly, but this new Dr. wants to try it, so I am going to trust him.
Please wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!
Allie

5 comments:

Melody Calvert said...

Hey Allie! I know how you feel. I'm guessing the ultrasound you can't pronounce is the Hysterosalpingogram (HSG). I had that done on my BIRTHDAY! no fun, but I found out our fertility issues don't lie within me, it's my hubby to go after! haha

Basically, the Hysterosalpingogram is injecting a little fluid into your uterus, which will in turn flow through the fallopian tubes... while this is going on, they're taking xrays of your uterus to find any blockages. If there are just minor blockages, usually the fluids which are injected will break through the blockages and remove them. If they're serious, they'll know and will be able to fix them!


and... if you're not getting a Hysterosalpingogram, then sorry! But good luck with your fertility fun and I hope the best for you.

~Melody

OlmsteadFamilie said...

I am getting the Hysterosalpingogram... the fun thing is I get to get it the day my parents fly in. *I get it in the morning they fly in that afternoon. So are you and your hubby trying now? If you are best of luck!
~Allie

Melody Calvert said...

I knew it! When I heard it the first time I was like "...a what?" and it took me a couple weeks to remember the name. Then once I did, now I can never forget it!

Yeah, me and my hubby have been trying for 3 years and no bebe so far! I think there were a couple contributing factors on both ends, but now that I'm squared away, it's his turn :P We kind of were hoping it was me and not him because the tests and fixes for women are so much easier than tests and fixes for the boys :P

Tyson and Capri said...

I am so glad your still going to try miss allie..I hope everything works out and they find something..You need to keep me updated:)

OlmsteadFamilie said...

Thank Capri... and yes I will keep you updated.
Melody, I am glad you were able to get your side squared away at least. They already tested my hubby and he is fine... so this one is all on me. If you don't mind me asking how do they treat the male side of the situation?
Allie