CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a pain in my...

On Friday February 5th I started having severe pains on my right side. I waited for a couple hours and the pain subsided and I figured it was no big deal. Wrong, the pain quickly showed up sharply across my belly button and spanning from one side to the other. Once again I wanted to assume that the pain was normal growing pains but the severity triggered a call to my Doctor. After explaining the days run of events, the nurse placed me on hold. I am assuming to ask my Doctor, when she returned she told me it was very important that I drive to the hospital to be checked out in the ER. I was a little concerned but quickly put on a tough face and told Nate that I was going to drive myself to the ER. In addition, because Nate was going to leave for work I called Jenn to let her know where I was going.
When I arrived at the ER I could tell that it was going to be a long night. After about 25 minutes I was seen by the nurse triage and sent back to the waiting room. Time passed slowly and about an hour later I was able to be placed in one of the ER rooms. The nurse came in to find lil' kickers heartbeat and of course, being our child, lil' kicker was hiding. When she finally did find what she defined as the heartbeat it was very quite and I didn't hear it long enough to count the heart rate. Part of the reason it is so hard to find the baby's heartbeat is the fact that the placenta is right on the front wall.
By the time the ER Doctor finally came in I had been there for almost 3 hours. He asked me to define the pain and its current severity. Then said since my pain was not that bad I could just go home, or if I really wanted he could run the usual tests. I told him that I didn't want to drive 30 minutes home to have the pain return and have to drive back. I wanted to know if there was a reason for this pain! He reluctantly agreed, I had blood drawn, and I waited for my scan. They wheeled me though hospital to the u/s room. The tech was very nice and pointed out all the different parts of the baby as she measured them. The baby measured a week ahead, putting my due date based on the measurements at June 27th. The baby weighed 10 ounces! She soon discovered the source of my pain. Somehow my right ovary has become swollen, not to point fingers but someone fondly known as lil' kicker has feet in that very same location!
With 90% certainty we can now say that lil' kicker is...
*
**
***
****
***** WAIT FOR IT
****
***
**
*
**
***
****
***** WAIT FOR IT
****
***
**
***
***
****
***** WAIT FOR IT
****
***
**
*
**
***
****
***** WAIT FOR IT
****
***
**
*
**
***
****
***** WAIT FOR IT
****
***
**
***
***
****
***** WAIT FOR IT
****
***
**
*


Comments by ZingerBug.com

Nate believes that the baby was getting mad that he was calling it a HE!! So she took revenge on me by kicking my ovary until it was extremely swollen. Then she was a lot calmer during the ultrasound and we even were able to peak between the legs. It was kinda like a cruel joke, but the is just like her mother... it is scary how much me I already see in this little girl. There is always a chance that something was hidden but we are fairly confident that lil' kicker is a girl. I could not be happier!! What a blessing :)

3 comments:

Megan & Alex said...

Allie! That is amazing! I am so happy for you! Whatever the sex turned out to be I would be equally as happy because you finally got your blessing. But, a little GIRL! That is to sweet! Do you guys have names picked out yet?!

ps
I'm glad things are ok and nothing was wrong. Lil' Kicker was just using your Ovary as her first toy ;P lol

OlmsteadFamilie said...

Thanks Megan! We are planning on waiting to announce the name after the baby is born :) We want to meet her before we lock her into a name, we think it is only fair!

Megan & Alex said...

That is a great idea! Alex and I have the same plan. We have come up with a lot of names that we like but we want to pick the name "name" when we meet our kids :)